Hey guys, David here from Saints Unscripted. If you look closely, you’ll notice that we’re missing the other hosts today. You’ll be happy to know that they were translated. I apparently didn’t make the cut so you’re stuck with me for a while.
Obviously, I’m kidding, and I apologize to all the people who have no idea what being translated means. We’ll get to that later.
OK, so, one of the purposes of Saints Unscripted is to answer questions that people have about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We give it our best shot, and, as the title reveals, it is extremely unscripted. We spout off a lot of personal opinions, make plenty of mistakes, and have a great time in the process. But what you’re watching right now is a new segment of the show we’re going to simply call Faith and Beliefs. In it, I’m going to go over basic Latter-day Saint beliefs in a way that’s hopefully going to be much faster, more in-depth, and a bit more organized than our traditional episodes.
Hopefully, you’ll be able to learn a little more about our faith in a little less time. BUT, and whenever somebody points this out in the comments section I’m going to refer them right back to this very line: the episodes for this segment are pretty much totally scripted. Please know we’re not trying to deceive you. And if it makes you feel better, I am writing the scripts. These are still my words. There’s not some old guy in a suit somewhere typing this stuff up for me. I script the Faith and Beliefs segment, but the main event, Saints Unscripted, remains sometimes painfully true to the name.
So, going into this new segment, here’s what you should know:
- I’m not trying to convert you to my religion. All I’m here to do is teach you about what we believe. Whether or not you believe it is between you and God. As for me, loving my neighbor isn’t conditional on whether or not you have the same beliefs as me. If you’re a Catholic and want to stay Catholic but also are curious about what Latter-day Saints believe, sweet! Welcome. These videos should be helpful.
- These videos are not meant to criticize the beliefs of different religions. If you scroll through virtually any of the comments sections of Saints Unscripted you’ll see how often our beliefs are attacked — I don’t like it, and I don’t want anyone watching to feel like I’m making fun of them. That said, in order to understand some Latter-day Saint beliefs, it will be important to address why we don’t believe some of the common doctrines of other faiths. So, expect that. But don’t expect any videos about “Exposing Catholicism” or “Proof That Evangelicals Are Wrong.” Those kind of videos are just … the worst.
- Just like the rest of the hosts of Saints Unscripted, I’m very flawed. If I make a mistake or word something the wrong way, if I take something for granite instead of for granted, I apologize in advance.
- These videos are going to be brief. I’ll try to cover the most relevant stuff as comprehensively as possible, but understand that for some of these topics there are literally semester-long college courses. So if I don’t cover everything, get on our website, send us an email with your questions, and we’ll get back to you. That’s totally encouraged.
- Speaking of our website, if you want a little more information about the topics addressed in these videos, go on our website, Saints Unscripted – dot – com, there’s a link in the description below, and there will be a written article associated with each of these videos that will probably cover more than what I cover here.
So, without further ado, subscribe to the channel so you know when we post new videos, and check us out on social media. The first several videos are going to cover the Latter-day Saint Articles of Faith. Instead of starting with number one, though, we’re going straight to number 11, so keep an eye out for that in the next week or so! Peace.